Megan Ryan’s Voice – We’ve been making this recipe like crazy for the last two weeks so I thought I’d share it with you. Use it as a dip, sandwich spread, or anything else you can think of. This recipe is also a nice basic hummus that you can tweak to your own preferences, or jazz it up with other ingredients like avocado, tomato, olives, artichoke, etc., etc.! This is my modified version of the recipe from A Few Shortcuts, Click Here for the original. Remember, we use organic so if you use conventional spices, you’ll need to use more to get the big flavor.
What are your favorite extras to jazz up hummus? Tell us about it in the comment section below.
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (1 clove if using organic)
- 1 can drained organic Garbanzo Beans
- up to 1/2 cup water
- juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 6 leaves fresh organic chive (optional)
- Throw everything but the water into a blender or food processor.
- Blend, then add water as needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with more paprika.